Urinary Tract Infection Community
consquences and future problems due to putting off Dr, or medical conce...

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

consquences and future problems due to putting off Dr, or medical concerni onv

hi i am new here and this is embarrassing but I can't be the only one who went through an embarrassing female issue.

I once had a bladder infection that progressed so severely that I found myself admitting myself into emergency, holding my groin area. I didn't feel pain but definitely over sensitive, similar to the feeling after an orgasm, yet you were still being stimulated,.The only way I could eleviate the sensitivity was to put ice on my groin. It always felt like pre-climax but never ending stimulation. I was scorned and thought of as crazy, then come to find out my urine test was so concentrated and so infected, that it was definitely up in the severe category. It did clear with strong antibiotics. Now I am always getting bladder infections. If I catch it early, cranberry juice and water will clear it.

My question is, did I cause permanent damage? Now i don't feel like I have to urinate until I have to urinate with such an urgency and instantaneously and with no warning. I have also noticed a loss of control. Most women, if cough or laugh, we can leak a little bit. It's becoming more than a leak.

If anyone can shed some light or experience, as I feel as I wasn't taken seriously when i am admitted.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Recurrent cystitis is repeated bladder infection. It is best to have mid-stream specimens of urine checked when you have an infection, to identify the bacteria responsible and identify the right antibiotic. It is important to exclude any specific causes for recurrent cystitis, because in severe cases the infection can go higher and affect the kidneys. Several causes can lead to loss of balder control like weak pelvic muscles, damaged nerves seen in diabetes mellitus, pelvic back surgery etc, infection, excess weight etc.A physical examination and bladder function tests may be done. See a urologist and get evaluated. A complete check up is important for correct diagnosis and management of your condition.
Best luck and regards!
Hey thank you....I appreciate your comment and time. Its unfortunate that I have been searching for a doctor that isn't into "cattle call" practice or the infamous ten minute work up. Imho, due to unnecessary trips people make over a sniffle and such, has swamped the medical field of valuable time and money, For doctors to try and fit people in and do their job, I'm sure they wish, to their fullest capabilities. I have made three appointments with different doctors then cancelled after asking how long it would need for a full work up. Average answer: fifteen to twenty. I feel that is undercutting my need for medical help and as a result, little faith in that doctor .

I'm grateful for those who are dedicated and passionate here. Lol Maybe I will be lucky to find one in my local area.
Thank you ....
Carrieann