Urinary Tract Infection Community
drinking on macrobid?

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

drinking on macrobid?

Well I will be on macrobid for two weeks on monday, and go in on tuesday to see if my uti is gone. It's my boyfriends birthday this weekend and I was just wondering if i'd be okay to drink a little, like it wont effect me bad and make me sick will it? That's all i'm worried about, I don't drink much but I wanted to for his birthday and its today, three days before i'm dont with the medication. Someone who knows a lot about alcohol and macrobid please help! thank you!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and welcome,
Macrobid which is Nitrofurantoin monohydrate used in urinary tract infections so it is better to avoid alcohol. Alcohol may prevent and reduce the effects of Macrobid.It is best to consult your doctor and get your doubts clarified. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!