Urinary Tract Infection Community
history of VUR now frequent UTI's

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

history of VUR now frequent UTI's

So when i was 12 i got diognosed with VUR (vascular urinary reflux) in my kidneys and now i been diognosed with over 5 UTIs in less then a year and VUR causes frequent UTIs and i didnt always go to the doctor wen i had the symptoms i kinda ignored them cuz i was sick of getting them so often. The doctor put my on cipro but then called me two weeks later saying im immune to it and this makes it difficult because im allergic to sulfa which alot of antibiotics have so she is now aking me take this pill 4 times a day then i gotta go fo another urine culture. Im worried that the VUR came back and when they treated it the first time they just put medicine in there and im concerned because my grandma was on dialosis and id something were to go wrong i refuse to go on that. Do you think its possible to come back? Any suggestions?
I can understand your concern. Medical treatment consists of antimicrobial treatment or prophylaxis of UTI and treatment of hypertension. The choice of treatment largely depends on the severity of the nephropathy secondary to VUR and also the circumstances of the patient. A young patient with symptomatic UTI despite antimicrobial treatment is a relatively strong indication for surgical intervention.

With early detection and careful management, the secondary complications of VUR such as renal failure can be prevented.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks i sure will :)