Urinary Tract Infection Community
i took a home urinary tract infection test
About This Community:

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

i took a home urinary tract infection test

wat if my urinary tract infection test tested negative for nirite
does tht mean i have a disease
Hi there,
It would have been really helpful if you had shared more information like the symptoms you have been suffering from and other relevant findings. The nitrite test is based on the principle that most infecting bacteria reduce dietary derived urinary nitrate to nitrite. It is usually positive in cases of UTI. Frequency of micturition in patients with UTI can lead to false negative nitrite reactions. Sensitivity also decreases when the bacteria causing the urinary tract infection does not contain the enzyme reductase, and in urine samples with a high specific gravity. If you are doubtful about the results get the test repeated in a lab .Test results should always be correlated clinically. Consult a doctor.
Best of luck!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urinary Tract Infection Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank