Urinary Tract Infection Community
macrobid and complex uti

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

macrobid and complex uti

I have been diagnosed with complex uti and have been placed on macrobid 50mg, at night.  After being on it 2 months, I have terrible gastritis, and my doctor told me to stop taking it.  I spoke to my urologist and he said to stay off it for 3 weeks then go back on.   Is being on this antibiotic good, as many doctors say it wipes out the normal flora.  Can I also take it for 2 weeks on 2 weeks off and have the same effect in controlling my uti.
I have had the WORST experience on Macrobid. My advice is to go to askapatient.com and look at the experiences others have had while taking Macrobid long-term. Everyone is different but my biggest regret Is taking that antibiotic so blindly. Please look up D- Mannose if you suffer from chronic UTIs and reconsider taking Macrobid.