Urinary Tract Infection Community
macrobid and complex uti
About This Community:

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

macrobid and complex uti

I have been diagnosed with complex uti and have been placed on macrobid 50mg, at night.  After being on it 2 months, I have terrible gastritis, and my doctor told me to stop taking it.  I spoke to my urologist and he said to stay off it for 3 weeks then go back on.   Is being on this antibiotic good, as many doctors say it wipes out the normal flora.  Can I also take it for 2 weeks on 2 weeks off and have the same effect in controlling my uti.