Urinary Tract Infection Community
pls help!!

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

pls help!!

I am a 30 yr old woman and new to this site..was in a relationship for 5 months started in sept. It was a monogomous relationship so we didn't use condom. When I was with him, I would always get uti. Abd I always thought its bcoz his size was too big for me to handle..AZO and CYSTEX are my go to drugs when I get the symptoms..and they would get better. Me and him broke up in early Feb. I had another unprotected sex in april, 3rd week..he was someone I know and I trusted him to be "clean"..few days after that,  I started to feel symptoms again..foul smell urine, the pain, the urge and the frequency. I took cystex for 3 days 3x/day as says on the box but it keeps comin back and its already been a month..it hurts soo bad that all I can do is drink alot of water..it'll get better but it's still there..I can't afford to go to the doctor..pls help..
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello there,
A clinical examination and work up is important for correct clinical diagnosis and management. Foul smelling urine, pain during urination, increased urine frequency are all suggestive of urinary tract infection. A urine examination and urine culture sensitivity is important for initiating the appropriate antibiotics course. Drink plenty of water and get these tests done. See a doctor for clinical examination. Keep me posted on how you are doing.
Best luck and regards!