Urinary Tract Infection Community
severe UTI

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

severe UTI

I'm 30 healthy female but its been 5 years I'm suffering from UTI initially it was very severe and I had gone through series of tests including urine culture, kidney ultrasound, IVF test as per doc my right kidney shape was irregular hence I been treated for renal TB for six months in India in 2003 after that I got it once in a while.

In 2006 I got married and every time after 24-48 hrs of intercourse I suffer from severe UTI sometimes it disappears just by drinking water/fluids but incase of bad urine smell I’ve  to take antibiotics (Zenflox OZ -500mg) for 5 days.

Last year I suffered for 8-10 times in that 5-6 times I've taken antibiotics. Through NHS I had gone through series of tests urine culture/kidney scanning/and early morning urine collection for 5 days etc and the entire test is negative .Urologist says there is some problem with my anatomy so I've to take antibiotics for 3 months single pill at night. But I was not convinced and  didn't take that treatment.

If I don't have intercourse I will not have this problem at all. We are planning for a baby and I'm scared/worried that this infection and antibiotics will not allow me to conceive I’m also worried that I’m getting old. I’m scared of having intercourse these days because of my suffering, burring and sever pain will lasts for four hours my symptoms are chilled hand and feet and severe burning and urge to go for urination every 2 mins I don't get stomach pain or fever not even blood in urine. But it makes me very tired and I can't even walk and also I get suicidal thoughts when I suffer

I drink four liters of water alone apart from other fluids everyday, I urinate before and after intercourse. I suffer from thrush once in a year. I don't drink/smoke and I'm a vegetarian.

My mother has the same complaint for 35 years now but she just controls by drinking water and fluids. Is this hereditary?

I know UTI is very common in women but don’t we have any permanent treatment for this? What is the root cause for this problem? Will I be free from this problem anytime in my life? Will I be able to conceive ever in my life? Is it true that antibiotics will not allow me to conceive?

Please help me to come out of this trauma
Hello Dear,
You can prevent urinary tract infections by making sure you always empty your bladder completely when you go to the bathroom.
• Drink plenty of liquids, especially water. Cranberry juice may have infection-fighting  properties.
• Urinate frequently, and avoid retaining your urine for a long time after you feel the urge to void.
• Wipe from front to back after a bowel movement to prevent bacteria in the anal region from spreading to the vagina and urethra.
.
• Wash the skin around the vagina and anus daily.
• Empty your bladder as soon as possible after intercourse, and drink a full glass of water to help flush bacteria.
• Avoid using deodorant sprays or feminine products such as douches in the genital area that could irritate the urethra.
• Wear cotton underwear
• If you are sexually active, make sure you wash your genital area and urinate after intercourse. This will help to remove any bacteria that could travel up the urethra.
Do not worry you can conceive naturally,just relax.

Refer http://www.hmc.psu.edu/healthinfo/uz/uti.htm
Best
I had the same issue for years unfortunatley my doctor knew what the problem was- no dr my entire life has known. I get UTIs all the time probably 6-8 times a year- but the test for infection always came back negative. Well this dr said he needed to test me for herpees (herpes)- I have never ever had the symptoms- I mean seriously never- didnt think there was a chance but I do have the antibodies and that is whats causing it- I have never had a break out and probably never will- but- I do have the antibodies in my blood- by the way after research1 out 5 people have it they just dont know!! So- taking Valtrex makes the UTIS never come back! Hope this helps- I wouldnt have believed it- but if your planning on having a bay you need to find out
My mother suffered from severe UTI, recurrent pylonephritis and was treated by the best doctors at Apollo Health city, Hyderabad, India. In spite of all the expert advice and medications(read heavy antibiotics), there was no sign of improvement. She'd be admitted in the hospital, go through one course of IV antibiotics, go home for a month and be back to hospital the next month again. After 2 years long struggle, I had the good sense to look for alternative treatment. I tried naturopathy, ayurveda and nothing helped. Meanwhile I still had the antibiotic course running and as a result, my mother lost hair, became weaker by the week and started showing an elevated S.Creatinine, alarming us towards a possible Kidney problem. Then I stumbled upon a site that offered cure for UTI and I took the bait. I was kinda sure that this powder would not work but still ordered it online. DMannose is the stuff, but it really worked. I was amazed at the results, and now my mom is free from UTI. If she gets an occasional burning sensation she simply takes a spoonful of this powder mix it in a glass of water and drink it. Thats it. Please read about it and if you feel convinced, source it for yourself. I used to buy from wellnesspartners. You may want to try the same or source some other supplier who may be nearer to you. I could not find a supplier in India though. Appreciate if anyone can help me source Dmannose in India. ganeshjiyer_at_gmail_dot_com