urethritis
w66
hi,
i have been intermittently suffering from urethral-itching (restricted to the glans) of my penis.
a couple months back my wife came to live with me ( till now she was staying away and we did not have any sexual  contact). she suffered from excessive vaginal discharge especially after intercourse.
now for the past 15 days, my urethral itching has come back (in fact, strongly). i seems to disappear for 4-5 days and comes back again, and i can't stop this urge to strongly scratch the glans area of my penis.
otherwise i have no burning or pain in the penis or adjoining areas. (also no discharge).
can any expert please suggest me what may be the cause and what antibiotic/s, should i take so that i get rid of this annoying and irritating affliction? please..... ( i am too embarrased to go to a doctor for this, though i'm 40).
There can be many cause of excessive vaginal discharge. The common causes are thrush, bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis; Chlamydia etc.Your wife should see a doctor and take appropriate treatment after her condition is diagnosed. An itching in the penis may not necessarily be due to sexually transmitted disease. It can be due to allergies, inflammation of the penis.Ureithritis can also give rise to itching. A local examination, urethral smear and urine examination may be needed. Seek an appointment of an urologist. Do write to me again.
Best luck and regards!
w66
thanks dr., in the meantime i took a course of azithromycin ( 1g, single dose), cefixime ( 400mg, single dose), metronidazole ( 2g, in 2 doses).
the itching went away for 4-5 days. then again it was there and on observing (after scratching) found white, somewhat powdery deposition on the glans under the foreskin. washed it with warm water mixed with dettol. got relief for a couple of days. then again the itching, same deposition, but much less. same washing and after that it has been a week since the itching has not occurred, although a bit urge seems to be there.
it seems to be cured now. but one thing is for sure. i shall be using a condom from now on (even with my wife). thanks again doctor and regards.