Urinary Tract Infection Community
uti advice

A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a bacterial infection that occurs when bacteria get into the bladder or kidney and multiply in the urine and can affects any part of the urinary tract. Discuss topics including prevention, causes, symptoms and treatments such as when you may need to get antibiotics.

uti advice

23 male. first time infection, noticed bout 3 days ago. foul smell was the first indicator, urgency to urinate increased over time, and a few dark orange drops after urination essentially led me to search and identify the issue. the first night i couldnt sleep because of discomfort and urge to urinate, but after the little sleep that i got, i felt better after waking up. the 2nd day the symptoms seemed to worsen, peeing was a lot more difficult. i drank lots of water and by the end of the 2nd day the symptoms started subsiding. i was able to get a good nights sleep without waking up. the 3rd day i did have foul smell just in the morning, but the symptoms were nearly gone. i did feel the occasional "sensation" after i finished urinating, but it was mild and caused no pain. the color of urine is normal.. yellow to clear. mid 3rd day i started drinking lots of cranberry juice which immediately upset my stomach. i drank roughly 1.5 liters total, only to have learned that it wasn't exactly sugarless. i stopped drinking cranberry juice and switched back to water, but even though the old symptoms are nearly gone, i have new symptoms at end of 3rd day: first came the feeling that the bladder is full.. even when its not. then it went away and followed abdomen pressure, and back pain. i started taking antibiotics against e. coli roughly when i started drinking the juice. the new symptoms came on suddenly, peaking within after 1.5 hours. im the kind of person who never runs to the hospital over flu or even gets medicine if i ever get it. so, without overreacting, is this of any serious concern or its something thats painful but i just have to ride it out a bit longer?
That sounds like u had kidnet stones and a uti. The only thing that helped me was cranberry juice and AZO pills.. the doc can write u a antibiotic to help