Urogynecology Archive Expert Forum
Is abdominal sacral colpopexy a good option for rectocele repair?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by medical professionals . Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Is abdominal sacral colpopexy a good option for rectocele repair?

Dr. Hoyt:  11 months ago, I had a hysterectomy (still have ovaries) with anterior and posterior repairs done at the same time.  I recovered well but as of a month ago a rectocele has recurred.  The ob/gyn who did the surgery examined me and said it was at a 1 or 2.  I do not have any bowel issues but have been having some rectal pain and some discomfort with the bulging sensation.  I am very limited in activity as normal amounts of walking, lifting, using stairs, etc., aggravate the problem.  Today, sneezing created quite a severe pain in the bottom.  My doctor recommended an abdominal sacral colpopexy for this issue.  At the time, I couldn't think of questions to ask; I was overwhelmed by the prospect of having to undergo another surgery.  Could you help me by giving some good questions I should be asking her?  I have an appointment with the ob/gyn coming up in the next few days.
Sincere thanks,
W. O'Neill