Urogynecology Archive Expert Forum
Painful urination after intercourse

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by medical professionals . Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Painful urination after intercourse

Here's my question. Everytime when I go to the bathroom nothing is painful and I'm fine but right after my finace and I have sex and I go to the bathroom I have very, very painful urination. It feels like I have paper cuts. And we don't use protection because I'm on birth control so the only time I have very painful urination after sex is when he ejaculates inside me. I recently found out I had chlamydia and I took the pills and shot for that and got the test results that said everything was fine and I came back negative and my fiance also took the pills for it. I do have a doctor's appointment set up soon. I was just wondering if you could help. Could it have anything to do with his sperm or is it me?
Hey there, just a response and something you may want to ask your doctor. I have a similar problem. Sex is very painful, and definitly sex. If my fiance ejaculates inside of me, it seems the pain is more extreme and is like a burning. I also develop quite a few UTIs, kidney infections, bladder infections and yeast infections more than you would normally and the next time I see the doctor i'm going to be asking if I could possibly be allergic to his sperm. When you go to the doctor just ask about possbily being allergic to sperm because its a possiblity.
You could be dry from birth control pills or have other issues going on like being extra sensitive, or trigger points being tender.
i was having the same problem few yrs back...my doc advised me to stop taking BC pills because i was  on those pills for last two yrs.i followed her advice n everyhting became normal within few weeks.