Urogynecology Archive Expert Forum
pain when sitting following urethral sling procedure

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by medical professionals . Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

I had a laparoscopic hysterectomy, cystocele & rectocele repairs, bladder suspension and non tension urethral sling procedure eight weeks ago.  For the first month I was unable to sit in a chair due to pain in my urethra that felt like a knife slicing through the urethra.  The pain has gradually lessened but I am still having pain when I sit in a chair.  I am able to empty my bladder and the urinary leakage seems much better, but I am concerned that the sling is cutting into my urethra. Is there a way to check the position of the sling?  What are possible other reasons for this pain?  Is this a common problem after this procedure?

Thanks in advance for your time.
A related discussion, sitting down too long was started.