Urogynecology Archive Expert Forum
painful urination after c-section

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by medical professionals . Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

painful urination after c-section
I had a c-section 11 weeks ago and My husband and I started having sex again about 5 weeks ago. Every time we have sex it is tight and a little painful at first for me but everytime after wards I go to pee and it is an excruciating burning pain to try and pee so i wait for an hour or so and then I can pee without pain. My doctor checked and said i don't have an infection and said it should get better after a while but that was 5 weeks ago, how long will it take and are we doing something to cause irritation or something? could having a catheter at the hospital have caused some kind of damage?
thanks for any suggestions!