Urogynecology Expert Forum
4th Degree Tear during Childbirth Years/Incontinence
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

4th Degree Tear during Childbirth Years/Incontinence

I am the mother of four boys. First i had via csection.  Second 12 years ago vaginally which left me with a 4th degree tear.  At that time i was young, naive, and no one told me.  I just knew i was never the same.  When i got pregnant with my third baby the dr. brought it up saying he saw it in my file, poor girl.  Did i have trouble with incontinence and holding my stool.  In embarrassment, as i always knew something was wrong, and the messiness of it, i said Oh no...not at all.  Lieing but embarrassed.  Well the two babies after, made it only worse.  I have trouble leaking, heaven forbid i get diahrea, i cant make it.  I try to watch my diet, but that help some what.  I got the courage up after a messy accident on the way home from a dinner with friends to talk to my practitioner.  She said there was nothing that can really be done to help me.  Is she wrong?

I cant stand this anymore.  It has taken what vibrant life i used to have away.  I am simply afraid to go anywhere there is no bathroom.  I dont walk anymore, i dont do things with my kids.  Its just sad.  I am a victim of a toilet!  Its somewhat pschological now, i had an accident in Canadian tire once now i walk in that place and feel the panic as there is only one bathroom.  Gosh i just dont know what to do.  If i have any options.  Help

L