Urogynecology Expert Forum
A and P repair

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

A and P repair
I had an A and P repair and now I've developed reddness (rash?).  Is that because of dampness due to vagina discharge?  I am not caring for it properly?  Or is it something more serious?  It's quite red and it's painful.  
This is not normal. Did they use a mesh or graft or permanent sutures in your repair? if so, you may be having a problem with graft erosion, which is where the graft is eroding through your tissues. Usually not a life/death problem, but you should have this looked at by your gynecologist or pelvic surgeon....

Dr. Hoyte