A question about Testosterone Injection IM
Can a woman administer her husband Testo-Enant IM (testosterone enantato) without the medical gloves on? Is it dangerous the testosterone solution can pass the skin and enter her blood stream and effect her? Is there any possibility (she did the first injection to her husband without medical gloves and after 3 weeks there's the next injection). I know testosterone gel and skin patches can be dangerous for other family members but what about this case? I'd like a professional answer and if there's possible a source link. Thank you VERY much in advance :)
It is not necessary to wear gloves to give a Testosterone injection.  Just use good sterile technique and she should be fine.  In general, most injectable forms of testosterone are poorly absorbed through the skin.  Still good handling practices are encouraged.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.