Urogynecology Community
A&P with bladder sling
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE UROGYNECOLOGY COMMUNITY for WOMEN: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Female Incontinence and Pelvic Floor disorders such as, Cystocele, Drooping Bladder, Intercourse Pain, Pelvic Organ Prolapse, Vaginal Relaxation and Vulvodynia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

A&P with bladder sling

I am having A&P surgery with a board certified Gynocologist along with a bladder sling by a Urologist.  What should I expect for recovery?  I plan on going out of town to British Virgin Islands 3 weeks later. Both doctors say I will feel like going after 3 weeks. Is this correct?
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Please clarify A&P.  Assuming you are from the USA, normally the recommendation is that you have a Urogynecologist do all prolapse operations at the same time.  3 weeks seems pretty soon to me.  12 weeks is the usual recovery time,  No lifting and plenty of rest.  
Blank
Do you mean anterior/ posterior repair?  I am having my surgery this Tuesday.  I was told I could probably travel by plane in three weeks but was by no means fully healed in that time.  You will not be able to lift your luggage or anything over 5 lbs for at least six weeks as I was told by my surgeon.  Please be careful and remember that you had major surgery and it will take time for your body to heal. Even though you might be feeling much better your body still needs more time to heal.  Good luck!!!
Blank
It is anterior / posterior repair. The OBGYN said it was a 45 minute surgery. The words "Major Surgery" scare me.  I am 50 years old, I delivered 3 children vaginally, time and gravity... I wanting the surgery for the tightening.  I just feel hudge.  I am having a bladder sling because I leak when I sneeze or exercise.   I thought that since I was getting the bladder sling by the urologist I might as well take care of the other. But, I am reading things on the Internet of problems and getting a little scared. I am starting to second guess what I am doing.
Blank
I also second guessed what I am doing and have read things on the internet that have scared me too.  I have come to realize how important it is to have a surgeon that you can trust and be comfortable with.  I researched my surgeons medical background,asked for references on women who had surgery by him and asked him a lot of questions and I mean a lot!  I also wanted to know how much experience he had in doing this surgery.  All of this took time and a lot of soul searching until I decided that this was the best thing for me to do.  Unless you need surgery immediately please get the answers to all your questions before you have the surgery.  Then you can make a decision based on your knowledge of your situation.  You might end up deciding to get a second opinion perhaps from an urogynecologist.
Blank
Thank you very much for the information!  I am so happy I stumbled upon this site. I now have an appointment with a urogynecologist working in a state of the art  hospital that teaches these procedures to other urogynecologist around the world. please let us know how your surgery went.
Blank
Well done Mistmax for doing such a good job of finding a urogynecologist.  I wish you well with your appointment.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urogynecology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...