Urogynecology Community
After POP surgery, severe itching & rash

WELCOME TO THE UROGYNECOLOGY COMMUNITY for WOMEN: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Female Incontinence and Pelvic Floor disorders such as, Cystocele, Drooping Bladder, Intercourse Pain, Pelvic Organ Prolapse, Vaginal Relaxation and Vulvodynia.

I am 8 weeks after POP surgery. I have severe itching, rash, and small lump in genital area.  I have been on antibiotics for pneumonia for last 2 weeks so I figure it is not an infection. Does this sound like an allergic reaction to the materials placed in me from the surgery or can anyone help with other suggestions?
This sounds like a possible yeast infection due to antibiotcs followed by itching and rash, however, you will need to get further medical advise from your Urogyne to make suer any material is not causing problems for you.
What type of POP surgery did you have?  
Do you get a discharge with the itching?
Have you had thrush before and is it similar to thrush if you have experience of that?

I hope you feel better soon