Birth control and period after prolapse surgery
I am going to have surgery in a couple months for prolapsed uterus and bladder.  With this, my surgeon will need to remove the top of my uterus.  I will still keep my ovaries and I believe I will still have my cervix.  My questions are, with part of my uterus being removed but my ovaries/tubes intact, will I still get a period?  Also will I still need to be on BC pills to prevent pregnancy?  I know I can't carry a baby with half a uterus but what about ectopic?  I am done having children and when I asked the doctor about doing a tubal at the same as my surgery, he said I can't get pregnant without my whole uterus.  

I really appreciate your time.
You should not get your period and will not need birth control pills providing the opening in the cervix is close at the time of surgery.  Usually when a supracervical hysterectomy is done, the cervical opening can be closed if you are still of reproductive age.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD