Urogynecology Expert Forum
Bladder Hurts when holding urine

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Bladder Hurts when holding urine

I've been having problems with my bladder for the past few years and I know it all started from me holding my pee all the time. Now it's hard to hold because it's very painful and it takes along time to empty it. Like it'll seem like i'm done peeing then i'll push and some more comes out. I've seen a urologist and he didn't see anything and it's not a uti. But he used his finger to check my uterus I get and i did feel some pain...or it could have been my bladder he touched. I've also noticed if i hold my pee and then use the bathroom the pee drips out very filmy like and my pee ends up being cloudy. Also the hole where the pee comes out is sore. Do you think you know what this could be? Or is there a way to flush my bladder?
Really not sure what the problem is.  I would suggest returning to the Urologist or seeking a second opinion.  It is not normal to have pain when the bladder is (normally) full.  Likewise your urine should not be cloudy and the urethral opening (where the pee comes out) should not be sore.  Your doctor may want to repeat the urine analysis and culture. You may want to ask about "painful bladder syndrome/interstitial cystitis".
Thanks Dr. Crawford, and could you explain what "painful bladder syndrome/interstitial cytitis" is? I seem to think the problem comes from me holding my urine all the time making myself get in a tight when i was younger and now it's very weak. Now I don't know how to fix it. Do you know of a way I can like flush my bladder or kidneys?