Urogynecology Expert Forum
Bladder Pressure and Bloating

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Bladder Pressure and Bloating

For the last 5 years I have had bladder issues on and off. This year it was much better until a month ago. Since then I have had bloating and frequent urination. I can't jog, bounce, or walk too much or it feels like I have to urinate. I usually do urinate when I have the feeling, but sometimes after I urinate it feels like there should be more. Then some days I have no problems or pressure; however, it seems like there are more days with problems. I have found that if I have a few cocktails I don't have the symptoms, or I don't notice them, I don't know which.

I have IBS, endometrious, and mitrovalve prolapse. I'm not a fan of taking meds and have tried the cranberry supplements. I've also tried taking a menopause multivitamin thinking maybe that would help, but it hasn't yet.

I also know that I don't eat "right" and I'm wondering if that could be causing my problems. I've been researching what I can on the internet, but there's so much information from all over that I'm not sure what's true and what's not. Please help...I would welcome any information you can give me.
Sorry to read of your problem.  From your description it is difficult to tell exactly what is going on.  Urgency and frequency can be associated with urinary tract infections, overactive bladder problems, incomplete emptying of the bladder, lack of estrogen causing atrophy of the tissues of the vagina, etc.  Diet can also affect your bladder causing urgency and frequency.  You can find more on diet by looking for IC diet. Leaking of urine, incontinence, is very common.  This may be caused by a sudden urge to urinate or cause when you put stress on the bladder such as exercising.  These conditions are very treatable and I would suggest you see a urogynecologist to be evaluated.  Thank you for your question.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD