Bladder pain, rectal pain and anal pain
I am in such pain that I am just reaching out and clutching at straws.

I have always had some trouble with constipation, but never anything that could not be kept at bay. Now it is very difficult to pass stools and does not improve each day that passes. I take Milk of Magnesia and a very small amount of Peri-Colace to try and keep things soft, but it is a totally up hill battle, with more pain and difficult to passing anything. I have had increasing pain and constriction in the rectum and anus and a sensation of something 'dropped'. The pain there is all situated on the right side. Right side in the rectum, right side of my leg and buttock. Sorry that all is graphic, but am just so upset with it all.

I also have pain in my vaginal area and pain in my bladder, recently having my first cystitis that I can ever remember. I had a total hysterectomy about 15 years or so ago.

I am waiting to get an appointment with a gastro and pelvic floor specialist, but in the meantime I am really in such pain that I can hardly think of anything else that what is going on down 'there'. I have lost 8lbs in the past month, which is not such a large amount, and is mainly because I have so much trouble eating.

The pain in my vulva and further up is so dismaying too. Never ever had any problems before.

I have not taken anything for the pain, but am thinking of taking ibuprofen to stop the spasm(?). Also thinking of peppermint tablets which are also supposed to be good for spasm, from what I have researched on the internet. Also, Serapeptase, an enzyme, is meant to be good for inflamation, so I have ordered some of these. Just in too much pain.

I am hoping to get an appointment with a specialist very soon, so I am really just venting my pain and distress with it all, and my worry that it is worse than I think it is.

Thanks for reading this! Anyone with any similar problems, will be happy to hear about them.

M
You are displaying many classic symptoms of POP Bernadette, it is extemely difficult to treat constipation related to POP and the so many women have pain. Ibuprofen should be fine if you don't have any bleeding issues. You can also try eating pineapple or taking probiotics (or eat yogurt) for constipation. It would be best if you can see a urogynecologist. The leg/butt pain could be sciatica which is pretty common with POP. Read the 2nd post on this forum, it talks about may of the classic concerns of POP; I'm sure you will recognize many. Women often have more than 1 type of POP (there are 5 types), the more types or the greater the degree of POP you have, the more symptoms you will have.

Once you see a pelvic floor specialist you will be made aware types of POP and of the options you have; there are both surgical and non-surgical treatments for POP. Read through some of the other posts on the forum, it will give you some insights. Feel free to send in your questions as they come to you!

Sher
Thank you so much for replying. I will have a close look at what is written. Where I am hoping to go they do mention pelvic floor disorders as part of the gastro investigation, so hope that they will be able to sort it all out in one, so to speak.

Once I have a good read at what you have suggested, I am sure that I will have questions as I go along. I had a pain free day yesterday, the first in a long time, and got quite confident! But, today it is back to 'normal'. I am not someone who usually has a low pain tolerance, but this is just something I have never experienced before, and along with other medical unknowns in my life (Behcet's), it is all rather difficult and a little depressing as I don't know what is connected with what.

Thanks again, Sher.

M
No prob, shoot the questions this way as they come to you!
Sher