Bleeding caused by pessary during pregnancy?
I began bleeding more than a week and a half before my period was supposed to start.  I am never, ever, irregular.  My cycle is always exactly 26 days.  My husband and I have been trying to conceive.  At first, I thought it might be implantation bleeding, but it has gone on too long and too heavily for that, I think.  However, it does not look or feel like a period.

It is still too early to test for pregnancy.  My concern is that I am in fact pregnant and the pessary is irritating my cervix and causing bleeding.  The blood is very bright red and is not particularly heavy, but it is a steady trickle.  It has been going on for 5 days without any of the normal clots or the ebbing of a normal period.  I cannot test for pregnancy for another 5 days.

Can a pessary cause bleeding in early pregnancy?  Is this dangerous?  Has anyone ever had a similar situation?  There is almost no information out there regarding wearing a pessary during pregnancy.
Im sorry i cant help you because honestly i never heard of that, but just wait and take the test but if your really concerned the e/r is always avail. goodluck.
Pessaries can cause irritation, especially if they are not fitted properly. I assume you have one in place to help a pregnancy stick. Is your physician a fertility specialist? I am not sure if there is a particular type of pessary utilized in pregnancy but can dig into it if you like (this forum is for pelvic organ prolapse).
Sher
I have cystocele, rectocele, and uterine prolapse.  All of them in the 2nd to 3rd degree.  That's why I wear a Hodge.  I'm not wearing it specifically to make a pregnancy stick, just to be able to function normally.  However, there's not a lot of guidance out there as to wearing one during a pregnancy.
Thanks for the details, I'll send an e to a contact I have at Cooper Surgical to find out what I can about your scenario. Hang in there, may take a few days.
Sher
My contact said that you should question your physician about why a Hodge rather than a Gehrung (a Hodge is used for incompetent cervix after conception). The irritation is probably just related to the size/type of pessary not being correct. (It often takes a couple of fittings to get the proper size pessary.) If your physician is a gynecologist, you might want to touch base with a urogynecologist to see if you can be more properly fitted with the correct pessary to suit your needs.