Urogynecology Expert Forum
Can a prolapsed uterus cause very irregular periods?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Can a prolapsed uterus cause very irregular periods?

For many years now I have been dealing with very irregular periods. I have gone to the doctors many times and they have no idea what is wrong with me. The only solution they have is that it is my weight, unfortunately all the advice stops there. Recently my mother and I were talking about her prolapsed uterus and the fact that my aunt had one. It got me to thinking, cause I have many of the symptoms. When I examined myself a couple days later I noticed that there was something blocking the entrance to my vagina. It's not coming out, but I can move it. So I am conveinced that I have a prolapsed uterus. And I am just wondering if a prolapsed uterus, untreated for many years, could cause irregular periods?