Can you have i.c. with no previous history of uti or other urinary problems?
I have been treated for a uti twice and had numerous urine cultures with no bacteria present. Finally I went to a urologist who treated me for yeast. So far, nothing has helped with the issues I am experiencing.  

I have intermittent periods of constant urge to urinate but no urgency. I have also had urethral discomfort and some mild abdominal discomfort. It has been going on sense the beginning of January.
Yes, you can have ic with no previous history of uti or urinary problems.  Ic can come on quickly.  I am glad that you had urine cultures done to rule out bacteria.  Do you know if your urologist also did a yeast culture when he treated you for yeast?  If you had a yeast culture the lab report would show what type of yeast you have.  There are different medications that work better on certain types if yeast.  If you do not feel your yeast infection has improved after treatment request a yeast culture to be sure that the yeast is gone or if it is still is there, a new or second dose of medication.  Certain yeast types are stubborn to cure and can be tricky to eradicate.  If you have ic symptons after your yeast is gone I recommend you check out various sites on the Internet about ic.  There is a wealth of information especially on the ic network.  I went on the ic diet which strictly reduces acid and encourages healthy eating.  I followed it strictly and noticed improvement in about a month.  Another idea is to ask your urologist for a cystography  This test is an in office procedure that can see the inside of your bladder.  I hope this helps, if you have more questions don't hesitate to ask.  Good luck!
I do not know if they checked me for yeast or not. I just found out today that my latest urine culture showed that i have bacteria. I have no idea what is going on with my body! I am so afraid that it is ic but i do not have pain as i have heard others describe. I guess it is just a waiting game from here. Thank you so much for your response. I really have no one to talk to about this.
Ask the nurse or doctor if the bacteria in your urine is the same type of bacteria you had with your previous Uti's.  If it is, the infection might not have been totally eradicated.  If it is a different bacteria you might need a different antibiotic or a longer course of an antibiotic.  Yeast can come from the antibiotics that you take for the uti.  It might be a good idea to have another yeast culture especially if you are taking more antibiotics and are experiencing symptons.  I know how worried you are about the ic.  Once all your yeast and urine cultures are clear, then see if you still are experiencing the same symtoms, if so tell your urologist about your concerns about IC.  While you are healing from the uti you can always start the IC diet.  If you follow it correctly it won't harm you and might actually help your symptons.  Let me know how you make out
Thank you so much for all of your help!