Urogynecology Community
Can you leave your pessary on while having sex?

WELCOME TO THE UROGYNECOLOGY COMMUNITY for WOMEN: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Female Incontinence and Pelvic Floor disorders such as, Cystocele, Drooping Bladder, Intercourse Pain, Pelvic Organ Prolapse, Vaginal Relaxation and Vulvodynia.

I am going to have surgery, but can't have it until next spring because of time constrants.  In the meantime I am going to get a pessary to help with incontinence issues, but am wondering about leaving it in during sex.  Will my partner feel the pessary and it is uncomfortable to leave it in during sex?  Thanks to everyone in advance for your help with this question.
There are many types of pessary.  It is best be shown how to put them in and take them out and also practise this before you go home with your pessary.  I have heard that there may be a pessary you can leave in during sex but am not sure of the name of this.  Appologies for limited info.  Call your doctors office to get any further info.  Good luck with your surgery as well.
Have you ever had a pessary?  I had three before my surgery and I believe I have heard that you can have sex with a pessary in. There are a lot of different pessary types and sizes available.  I tried three different sizes and all three fell out, the longest lasting about a month due to the severe prolapse.  One thing I would do is to make sure that you are comfortable removing and inserting before you leave the doctors office.  If you can do that than you might feel more comfortable just removing the pessary before sex.  The pessary did relieve my prolapse symptons so I hope it can do the same for you while you wait for surgery