Urogynecology Expert Forum
Diuretic alleviates low back pain
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Diuretic alleviates low back pain

Hello Doctor.  I'm a 43 y.o. female.  I have chronic low back pain that has worsened over the last few months.  Basically I have been on some form of otc pain medication since Christmas 2010.  I do have stress incontinence that I had physiotherapy for, with little improvement and any improvement I had has been lost since Christmas.  She told me that at my age I should not be waking up 2-3 times a night to urinate.  Do you agree with a statement like that?  I also have gallstones and am waiting for surgery to have my gallbladder removed.  I have frequent side/back pain on the right which I assume is due to the gallstones.  I also have had plaque psoriasis on the palms and soles for the last 5 years.  I thought my symptoms could be the development of psoriatic arthritis, but that typically only appears around 10 years from developing psoriasis according to information I have found.

Anyway, I have noticed that my low back pain is alleviated when I take an herbal diuretic from the drugstore.  Could this be an indication that my kidneys or bladder are malfunctioning?  

I see my family doctor on April 26th and I absolutely want to have testing done to identify the source of my pain.  I'm too young to accept this.  Any information you can possibly supply will hopefully help me when I'm discussing the issue with my doctor.  

Thank you in advance for your time and attention.  i anxiously await your reply.