Urogynecology Community
Evista and Premarin together...

WELCOME TO THE UROGYNECOLOGY COMMUNITY for WOMEN: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Female Incontinence and Pelvic Floor disorders such as, Cystocele, Drooping Bladder, Intercourse Pain, Pelvic Organ Prolapse, Vaginal Relaxation and Vulvodynia.

Evista and Premarin together...

I have been taking Evista QD for many years and after a repair of vaginal prolapse in February the surgeon Rx'd Premarin vaginal cream 2 x a week.  Is it safe to take these 2 Rx's or is it contraindicated?  (I also take synthroid.)Thank you!
I am unable to comment on contraindications.  Have you spoken to a Chemist?   Either that or speak to you Dr.   I do feel it is important for you to find out.  You could try the Ask a Dr side of the site as well.  I am using an estrogen cream and am aware that over use can result in side effects.
Let us know how you get on.