Urogynecology Expert Forum
Glans turns blue when erect

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Glans turns blue when erect

Two weeks ago I was visiting a friend of mine at a university. He lived in a frat house; one night when I went to use the bathroom there my urethra came into contact with the wet inside of the toilet seat. I didn't think much of it, but a week later my urethra began to burn and my thought was that it is a urinary tract infection from that incident. However, it does not burn when I urinate but rather when i ejaculate.
I have also noticed that the glans (glands) of my penis has been turning a bluish color when erect; this has not always been the case. It seems to get bluer and bluer with each erection. The other day there appeared to be purple spots developing too. After erection, there appears to be redness around the frill/base of the head/glans. It also seems that it takes longer for me to get an erection; whether this is psychological or not, I don't know. There is no real pain in the glans (glands) itself, just a burning sensation in my urethra. Also the glans (glands) feels like icy-hot, but upon touching it there is no distinguishable temperature difference. It has been nearly a week since I noticed the change in color of my glans (glands).

This concerns me greatly. Could some help me? What could this be?
Please forward your question to the Urology Forum. J. Kyle Mathews, MD