Urogynecology Expert Forum
Had midurethral sling surgery, now with pain.
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Had midurethral sling surgery, now with pain.

I had midurethral sling surgery 5 months ago, no stress incontinence since then, but for the past week, the incision on the right side of groin is very tender and has a lump underneath it.  This is the same side that a stitch was coming through the skin and Dr. cut it off, but no problems until now.  Do you think this will improve with time or could it possibly be something actually wrong?  The incision on the left is no problem at all.  Even my clothes bother it, and my clothes are not tight at all.  Thank you.