Urogynecology Expert Forum
Having a biopsy of my endometrium uterus

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

I went to my OBGYN and saw my Dr that has been going through my endometriosis... She set up date 2/22/2013 for a biopsy of my endometrium to rule out cancer...
The reason is because of my bleeding only 10 after my last period. I started again having it for 8 days straight.. Plus every month my periods have been really off like 6 to 4 days early with severe pain in between periods....  I have been in a lot of pain and having pain in my chest and still have nerve pain going down my left side finger tips to my feet...still having a low temperature of 98.9 to 99.9....if the biopsy comes back good then she wants to do ablation in my endometrium area.
I have heard horrible story's about getting ablation of my uterus, because they ended up having more pain and bleed outside of the uterus..They end up getting a full hysterectomy... I really cant afford to go the long route and end up with having hysterectomy...

What do you think if it comes back good results and I hope they do...
should I get the Ablation of my uterus???  
The decision to have an ablation is a discussion you should have with your doctor.  I can tell you that many of my patients have had endometrial ablations and done very well.  Ablations work better for bleeding than they do for pain and bleeding and I have had patients that had both (pain & bleeding) in which the ablation did not resolve the pain.  In these instances some of those patients elected to have a hysterectomy.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD
forgot to add that its hard to get all of my urine out...I get up from the tolite and have to pee more...bladder fills weird