Urogynecology Expert Forum
Help! Prolapsed bladder after 2 surgeries and now intestines...
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Help! Prolapsed bladder after 2 surgeries and now intestines...

Hi, I'm posting this to hopefully find some answers and support for my mom. She finally had a hysterectomy in 2005 because of a prolapsed uterus that happened after my sister was born in 1988.

After the hysterectomy, her bladder fell and was pressing against her vaginal skin. She had another surgery to put mesh in place to hold the bladder. Both the hysterectomy and this surgery were where the surgeons went in through her vagina.

Since then, her bladder has fallen again, and then mesh part is coming through her vaginal wall. To make matters worse, her intestines are also falling and are now somewhat hanging out of her body. Her doctors have no answers for her. She is uncomfortable and scared to have another surgery because it could make things even worse.

I would like to know if there is hope for her and if there is an experienced doctor that she can talk to about this. It doesn't matter where as long as we can call someone and get some help. Her current doctors don't seem to know what to do and we have no where to turn.