Urogynecology Community
Hormonal pellets

WELCOME TO THE UROGYNECOLOGY COMMUNITY for WOMEN: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Female Incontinence and Pelvic Floor disorders such as, Cystocele, Drooping Bladder, Intercourse Pain, Pelvic Organ Prolapse, Vaginal Relaxation and Vulvodynia.

Hormonal pellets

Does anyone know if taking the hormone pellets in shot form work?  Can they help with energy level, sleep, and pelvic floor conditioning?  Also can they be helpful with depression?
Tags: hormonal pellets, shots
I cant tell how old you are so dont know whether the hormones you want to take are replacement or for birth control.  Women like myself who have been through the menopause can use estrogen cream vaginally and some use HRT in order to keep the vaginal skin in good condition and also to help with vaginal prolapse issues.  Pelvic floor conditioning is more about the exercises like kegels and also pelvic stability exercises but HRT can help also and estrogen cream as well.
This may be a question for your Dr in terms of the finer points to do with hormone pellet benefits.  

Good luck with this and let us know how you get on.
I am on hormone replacement cream and estrace for vaginal application and am also post menopause.  I am not familiar with hormone pellets in shot form but do know that the right type of hormones given after testing can relieve the symptoms that you describe above.  I had problems sleeping which I believe progesterone has helped.  Is this a shot that you administer to yourself?  Very interested to hear about the pellets.  
I am also post-menopausal.  Never tried HRT.  The Dr inserts the pellets in a syringe into your buttocks.  I think there is some topical anaesthetic involved.  i'm just concerned about the strength or lack of, in hormone mix.  I believe it lasts 3-6 mo., about $300 a pop.
You have valid concerns about the hormone mix.  Did you have blood test or saliva test that tested levels of hormones in your body.  I know that is what my doctor based the formula on that she thought would be the best.  These levels can change.  In fact I am feeling the need to get the hormone levels checked again.  The doctor or drug company should be able to tell the hormones and amounts in the pellet I would think.  I also would be concerned about the length of time it lasts. Hormones can make your symptoms better it is just fine tuning the right dosage. Good luck and let us know what happens.  This is very interesting