Urogynecology Expert Forum
I wet myself when I cough, sneeze or jump

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

I have exercised all my life and I have childern who are adults so why is this happening to me now. I don't need to have a cold and it dosn't happen all the time but depending on the strength of the cough or sneeze or being sick or jumpping I can wet myself and I have not control over it. What can I do to stop this embarrassment.
This sounds like it may be stress urinary incontinence. It is fairly common problem among adult women. Risk factors are pregnancy/childbirth, chronic heavy lifting, and obesity.

Sometines other problems can cause urinary leakage, like an enlarged fibroid uterus. Other times, the problem can be due to an 'overactive bladder'. It is important to get a proper diagnosis, because overactive bladder is treated differently than pure stress incontinence.

If the problem is stress incontinence, then you have the option of an incontinence pessary, which can be worn inside the vagina to help stop the leakage, or you can opt for surgical options to fix it. Some authorities suggest pelvic muscle exercises to treat stress incontinence, but the long term effectiveness is thought by some to be poor. It sounds like you have been doing these all along.

EIther way, this problem is quite treatable, with success rates as high as 95%. PLease see your medical care provider, and ask for an evaluation by a urologist or urogynecologist, either of whom can evaluate and treat your symptoms.
A related discussion, where can I get that little machine for the pelvic was started.
My daughter is 12 and she still wets herself I don't know how to help her