Urogynecology Community
I'm out of town for the week, will answer posts after Memorial Day...

WELCOME TO THE UROGYNECOLOGY COMMUNITY for WOMEN: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Female Incontinence and Pelvic Floor disorders such as, Cystocele, Drooping Bladder, Intercourse Pain, Pelvic Organ Prolapse, Vaginal Relaxation and Vulvodynia.

I'm out of town for the week, will answer posts after Memorial Day

I wanted to give a heads up to women who have POP questions they want to post; I'll be out of town through Memorial Day so any posts that are submitted during the next week might not get addressed until I get back. Hang on and I'll return to answering questions quickly after I am back at my desk!

I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! Remember to honor those who bravely serve our country, thank a veteran whether young or old!

Sher

Sher...Thank you so much for your message board.  I have suffered with this problem  and not spoken to a doctor about it - out of embarrassment.  If you would refer to my posting to see my info perhaps you could further comment.  In addition to suffering the A & P problems, & the symptoms you have described,  after I was taken off hormone therapy I developed the further embarrassment of having a "belly apron" and now my pubic area has become a pillow of fat. I am truly overwhelmed by what is happening and want to do something to correct it before I have no access to my private area.   I am new to my vicinity but am looking for a gyn.
Hi ressa, please check I am finally online and left some info for you. Please see a urogynecologist rather than a gynecologist, this is an extremely intricate surgery that is best handled by a specialist. They can also offer you treatment options if surgery is not recommended in your case-there are many different kinds of treatments that women can utilize including a pessary.

Good luck, please let me know how things turn out for you!
Sher
One more thought, please don't let embarrassment prevent you any longer, half of all women over the age of 50 have at least one of the five types of POP-it's extremely common, women just aren't talking about it which I hope changes very soon!

Sher