Is this a UTI?
For the past month I've had this horrible on and off stinging/burning pain.."down there". It usually lasts for an hour or two and it's the most uncomfortable feeling ever. Sometimes it feels like I need to pee, but then I can't, or if I do it's only a little and will sting. I know that sounds like a UTI but the thing is, it will only sting or feels like I have to go when I'm experiencing the burning/stinging sensation "down there" and as I said that will only last for an hour or so and this has been going on for a little over a month. For the past two weeks I haven't had this, but this morning as well as Wednesday morning I woke up at 6am unable to fall back asleep due to the uncomfortableness. It lasted for 2 hours Wednesday morning and close to 3 hours this morning. Does this sound like a UTI? Or something else completely? I've tried looking things up online but had no luck, so I'm turning to here and am hoping to solve or at least get a small clue as to what this is.
It does sound like a UTI to me.  However, you will only know when you have had your urine tested by a doctor.  After a doctors consultation you will know what you need to do.  This kind of pain is very unpleasant.  Try not to worry though and make an appointment rather than sit and worry about it.
Have a urine culture to rule out a uti.  If it comes back positive you can start treatment and feel better.  If it is not a uti than you will want to pursue the reason why you have this pain that wakes you up.  Possible reasons for the burning/stinging could be yeast infection, vaginal dryness/ menapause issues, sensitivity to cleaning agents/allergic reaction, just to name a few.  Hope your able to get relief soon.
I've had an ongoing UTI before that seemed similar to that. Most other ones got so intense and painful that I had to seek treatment, but about a year ago I had one where symptoms seem to come and go.
Go see a doctor though, because I think leaving them untreated can lead to kidney complications as well.