Urogynecology Expert Forum
Is this a symptom of infection?

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Is this a symptom of infection?
I am 27 year old unmarried man. I never had sex. Though I have been masturbating for a very long time. I masturbate frequently, 4-5 times a week. My problem is that I have been seeing non-motile "pubic hairs" in the urine after the ejaculation, for about a year or so. Sometimes I can see them in my semen also - sticked on the skin of my penis's tip. They can be seen in the urine, not only in the first urine post the ejaculation; but, anytime in the urine on that day. Usually in next day's urine also.

These hair varies in sizes. They come out in mixed sizes, from 1 cm to 4-5 cm long. In urine the size of these hairs can "sometimes" be 8 cm to 10 cm. In quantity, earlier I used to see them in 15-22 numbers. Now I see them, mostly, in the range of 8 to 12. All of them do not come out in one go. Only 85% of them do. Rest keep getting discharged in the course of urination.

The reason I am worried about this now is because I thought these hairs are coming from my pubic region. But I see them even when my pubic region is clean shaved. And this is happening for a long time now, I am not in a mood to ignore it anymore. Sometimes I feel pain in testes also - mostly in the right one.

So doctors, could you help me understand, this could be a symptom of which disease? Any input of yours will be of my great help.

Kind regards

Joe