Urogynecology Expert Forum
Just Can't Hold It!!!
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Just Can't Hold It!!!

Lately ( within the past few weeks) I've noticed that I can't hold my urine in. I'm only 17 and aside from an ill-planned oral sex excursion I'm not sexually active. It's been a month since that. I always feel like I need to go. It's almost like an itch. But not quit about 2 weeks ago I went in for UTI symptoms but the doctor said that a UTI was not found, bacteria was in my urine instead. the prescribed an antibiotic and the pain went away. But days later the urgency and inability to hold it wss back! I even had an accident. Please help me. School starts soon and I do NOT want to go through further embarrassment. :(
Tags: just, hold, IT, help
1344197_tn?1392822771
The most likely cause of your symptoms is another urinary tract infection.  I would suggest you see your doctor again for a urinalysis and culture of the urine to see if the antibiotic prescribed is effective against the bacteria causing the infection.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
1344197_tn?1392822771
J. Kyle Mathews, MD, DVMBlank
Plano Urogynecology Associates
Plano, TX
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now