Urogynecology Expert Forum
KIDNEY STONE MID POLE
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

KIDNEY STONE MID POLE

I have an 11mm stone in my right kidney that they found in sept. of 07 with a really bad bladder infection. At that time it was 2cm I was on cipro for 6 weeks. So I had eswl in October of 07 which only fragmented the stone it hurt so badly and the doc wanted to do it again and that is all he wanted to do so I went to a new dr. He did the Uro-scope in Dec of 07 and found nothing he said you must have past it. Two week latter in the ER it was still there and still causing pain. Its up in the mid pole of the kidney and it hurts. Every doctor said it should not hurt if it is in the kidney. My Dr is now say it could be stuck in a duct, can they do this? They analyzed the small fragment I passed after the lithotripsy and it was calcium oxalate and carbanite apatite.