Urogynecology Expert Forum
Kidney Stones or Endometriosis?

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Kidney Stones or Endometriosis?

last night after intercourse I sat down and terrible pain shot through my entire bottom. It was like pins and needles in my rectum, my uterus and my urethra. The pain was so bad I could not hold my head up. I felt like I was going to pass out and vomit and could not stand. I layed down and almost instantly felt a little better until I stood back up and again felt like I was going to pass out. It hurt to move on my bottom in any way.... again pins and needles and cramping/tightness behind my bladder or in my uterus. The pain came on so sever that I almost went to the ER.

After putting some pieces togther I realized that I have been cramping slightly and uncomfortably for about a week now (period not even due) , my kindneys have been hurting and I have had gross blood in my urine ( once a few days ago and pretty much most of today) . All these pieces made me think I was just passing a stone pehaps so I did not head to the ER.

I have a kidney disease and have had stones in the past. My current neph doc is looking into wether or not I am actually experiencing chronic stones.

My worry is that I do feel it could be a stone... but after reading about endometriosis and the rectal pain I am scared now. Is it normal to have rectal pain and poss uterine cramping with stones?

No matter what I am calling my doc first thing.