Urogynecology Expert Forum
MY BLADDER
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

MY BLADDER

OK LIKE THIS HAS BEEN HAPPENING SINCE GIVING BIRTH TO MY CHILDREN. WHEN I COUGH OR LIKE WHEN MY HUSBAND & I ARE HAVING SEX MY BLADDER LEAKS I THOUGHT AT FIRST IT WAS LIKE I WAS SQUIRTING BUT I HAVE NEVER DONE ANYTHING LIKE THAT, WHILE HAVING SEX I GUSH SO I GOT A CUP & IT IS URINE. I CLEAN MYSELF ALL THE TIME BUT I SMELL LIKE PEE BECAUSE OF MY BLADDER ALWAYS LEAKING. I FEEL LIKE WHEN WE ARE HAVING SEX HE IS TOUCHING MY BLADDER I KNOW HE IS NOT IT IS JUST LIKE SOMEONE TURNED ON THE WATER & IT IS ALL PEE I WILL GO TO THE BATHROOM BEFORE SEX THAT DON'T HELP BECAUSE U DON'T REALLY NEED TO GO IT IS JUST LIKE MY BLADDER OPENS. DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS? I DON'T HAVE INSURANCE NOW SO THIS IS WHY I AM ASKING YOU
Related Discussions
242593_tn?1313867921
It sounds like you are having leaking during intercourse. THe first thing to rule out is a bladder infection or UTI. Once this is ruled out, your symptom can come from 2 different processes. One is overactive bladder (i.e., bladder spasms), and the other can be stress incontinence (urine leakage due to a weak bladder closure mechanism). Overactive bladder can lead to urine leakage following a strong urge to urinate, which you cannot delay. Stress incontinence leads to leakage with coughing, laughter, sneezing, or lifting. Overactive bladder is often treatable with medications like Detrol or Ditropan, and stress incontinence can be treated with pelvic exercises, pessaries, or minimally invasive surgeries like suburethral or trans-obturator slings. Neither of these is life threatening, but can be quite a nuisance. These symptoms can usually worsen after childbirth. I would suggest an evaluation by a health care provider if at all possible.
2 Comments
Blank
I gave birth about 10 weeks ago. Around 1 1/2 weeks postpartum I began to have an aching feeling in my uterine/ bladder area. Its not a UTI because I was already checked for that. At my 6 week check up my doc said everything looked fine. I am so confused! Please help!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank