Urogynecology Expert Forum
Need recommendation for replacement for Enablex

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

I have been on Ditropan, then Ditropan XR (or EX, don't remember which is correct) and after about 10 years that didn't work, so my doctor put me on Enablex and that works pretty well. Then I got a new Dr. and he wanted to switch me to Vesicare. That didn't work well, either, and I began having episodes of incontinence and urgency again.

It's almost open enrollment for Medicare Part D, and the plan that is the most affordable otherwise doesn't cover Enablex at all anymore. They cover: Gelnique, oxytrol, Toviaz, Flavonate, and trospium chloride. What would be an approximate equivalent?

Thanks for any help!
Of the ones you listed as covered, Trospium of Sanctura XR would be the closes to Enablex.
Forgot to say that after the failure of Vesicare, I was put back on Enablex for my overactive bladder. I'm also on Estrace Cream.
Thank you very much for your input- it is appreciated!