Pain in incision 2 years after partial hysterectomy
It has been approximately 2 years now since my partial hysterectomy, and I am still have sharp pains on the left-side of the incision and other areas of my abdomen.  There appears to be a heaviness in my lower abdomen area, pains in my thigh area, and lower back. I am urinating more frequently and my bowel movements are almost uncontrollable.  I have seen my OB several times with these complaints.  Once, he said that there was a since on my leftside, but then I went back a month later and he said he I didn't have one on the left, but on the right and that there appears to be some tenderness on the left, but nothing concrete.  He referred me to a GI specialist, but I am sure that it is something from my surgery because the pain is in directly in the incision area.  Sometimes, the pain is so intense that it practically floors me.  What should I do and who should I see for further diagnosis?
It could be musculoskeletal. Get a referral to see a pelvic floor physical therapist, who can help identify possible trigger points which may be causing the discomfort, and urinary frequency.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.