Urogynecology Expert Forum
Passed small string-like material in urine, 5 weeks after midurethral s...
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Passed small string-like material in urine, 5 weeks after midurethral sling surgery, also possible hemorrhoid?

Just 4 weeks after midurethral sling surgery, I passed what looked like a small string-like material in my urine.  It actually was on the toilet paper.  So far, there has been 3 pieces, one of which I kept and thought maybe I should show it to doctor at my appt. next week, but there were 2 others pieces at another time.  Do you think I should show it to her?  Could it have been a part of a suture?  There were two vaginal tears at the time of surgery and sutures were called Polysorb.  Shouldn't those be absorbed into the skin.  I have no bleeding.  Just the frequency and slow stream after such surgery. Also have had a bulge near the rectum, at nearly the same time.  No pain with it, no bleeding, no itching, nothing else.  I thought it may be a hemorrhoid but I've never had them before.  The size has gone down though.  Could this all be related and should I really bring the subject up with my urologist next week, even if I have no further problems?