Urogynecology Expert Forum
Past HX. includes tacking of bladder and vagina
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Past HX. includes tacking of bladder and vagina

Hi. I am 48 years old and having complications with several areas to be mentioned. In the past, I had a total hysterectomy and several other surgeries to include: removal of adhesions, ovaries, etc. My Internal Medicine physician is aware of my problem, due to my physical exam in 2007. I contacted her several weeks ago in hopes of getting a referral, only to find out TODAY that she cannot find a UROGYNECOLOGIST in this area. Do you happen to know of any Urogynecologist in the Nashville, TN area? In a past surgery for removal of uterus, the physician also "tacked" my bladder and vagina, stating they had fallen or dropped. I am currently having symptoms of uncomfort and the inability to hold my urine (to an extent) when I cough or sneeze. Also, intercourse in out of the question, as my vagina feels as if it is trying to fall out the opening of that area. I have a family history of the same. My mother and my mother's sister have both recently had rectocele surgery with repairs to both the areas of which I am speaking. Your expertise and advice will be greatly appreciated. I will await your response. Thank you so much for your help in this important matter.