Urogynecology Expert Forum
Possible Kidney Problem?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Possible Kidney Problem?

Recently, my skin has been itching intensely all over, with no rash. It feels like someone is rolling a cactus across my skin.

It all started about 10 days ago when I went to bed with a migraine and took some Syndol.

This is after having a few days of Migraines and getting through a pack of Syndol tablets, although never taking more than 4 tablets in a 24 hours period. I had also consumed a large amount of Alcohol throughout December at Christmas parties, but nothing 'in excess', just larger than usual.

Anyway, I went to bed and took some Syndol, after 20-30 minutes of being led in bed, I started to feel odd.

I felt a little slow (which I put down to the Syndol) but then I scratched my skin and it felt like I was touching my skin with thick gloves on - I felt rather numb.

Then I noticed a feeling of discomfort in my right lower back and it was sore to the touch. I also then began noticing this odd tingling / pins and needles / itching feeling gradually across my body.

Since that evening, I have had this horrible and intense itching across my body, which is massively intensified at night.

It's only been tonight that I've searched Google for 'itching no rash' that I discovered it could possibly be related to Kidneys - which then made me think about the lower back pain I had when this started and the subsequent taking of Syndol & Alcohol.

Another symptom I have (according to what I've read) is smelly breath. This is something I've had for months as I recently found out I'm gluten intolerant and have since cut most carbs out of my diet.

I am concerned that what I am experiencing could be related to damage done to my kidneys over the holiday period, topped off with a spate of using painkillers, or a side effect of my new diet.

Please can you offer some advice?

Tags: no rash, Itching, smelly breath
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
1344197_tn?1392822771
J. Kyle Mathews, MD, DVMBlank
Plano Urogynecology Associates
Plano, TX
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker