Urogynecology Community
Post Surgery Pain

WELCOME TO THE UROGYNECOLOGY COMMUNITY for WOMEN: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Female Incontinence and Pelvic Floor disorders such as, Cystocele, Drooping Bladder, Intercourse Pain, Pelvic Organ Prolapse, Vaginal Relaxation and Vulvodynia.

Post Surgery Pain

I had bladder lift surgery a few years ago and have had chronic pain in my low back and deep in my left hip ever since.  The GYN sent me to physical therapy.  I've had PT a couple of rounds since, which helped as long as I went,  Also been to a back specialist who found nothing to indicate the pain is coming from my spine or hip joint.Chiropractic helps but more from the massage than the manipulation.  I don't know what to try next.
It sounds like this might be a complication from your surgery.  You need to tell your surgeon that you are still experiencing these problems and ask if they can be related to your surgery.  I also had bladder lift surgery and do not have these problems.  If your doctor doesn't give you an answer that your satisfied with find a urogynecologist with experience in prolapse surgery for a second opinion.  Sometimes there are problems with the mesh if it was used that need to be ruled out in your case.  I am glad to hear that pt helps, but you need to find the cause since your having recurring problems.  Good luck!
Did you have these problems before your operation with regards to back and hip pain?
Did you have mesh for you operation?
Are you aware you have any other types of prolapse?
How old are you?
Are you menopausal?
Are you using vaginal estrogen cream?
Do you have digestive problems including constipation, pressure etc?
Expect to do your kegel/womens physio, strengthening and stretching exercises every day in order to maintain and gain benefit as you are now in a situation of keeping your body/pelvic floor strength and stability supported by continuing to exercise every day and you are not alone.  This is something we have to do to keep in shape in this way.  

Find out as much information as possible about your operation and get your operation notes as well either from your Dr or from the hospital as these may be important for yourself and other Urogynes in years to come.

I wish you much luck.  Let us know how you get on.