Urogynecology Expert Forum
Recovery following laparoscopic bladder surgery
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urogynecology forum are answered by Bruce Crawford, MD, J. Kyle Mathews, MD, and other medical professionals and experts. Topics covered include overactive bladders, bladder pain, fallen/drooping bladder, bowel urgency, bowel prolapse, cystitis, incontinence, pain with intercourse, rectal prolapse, surgery, urinary urgency, and uterine prolapse.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Recovery following laparoscopic bladder surgery

Hi,
I had laproscopic surgery one week ago - to have repair done on my bladder and a sling inserted. I have 4 external incisions - all of which seem to be healing nicely - and one internal in my vagina.  Although I'm off the stronger pain killers, I'm still having to take extra strength tylenol and feeling some soreness in my pelvic floor area.  I also still have discharge and am having to wear a pad.  I have no fever and feel relatively good but am still surprised that after one week I don't feel more recovered.  I'm worried about infection.  Should the discharge be finished by now?  I've never had surgery - never mind laparoscopic surgery  - so I'm not sure what's "normal"  or whether there is a normal.  I would appreciate any information from others who have had this time of surgery or procedure.
Thanks so much!
Tags: bladder surgery,