Rectal Pain
i have pelvic pain and severe rectal pain during my period. i have also noticed that for the past 6 months, a few days before my regular flow i get some very dark, almost black blood. i am 40 years old and have two children (both c-setions). i haven't seen a doctor in years.  has anyone else experienced this ever.
hi I hope to help some, then I am going to forward your post to the urogyno forum, i think you have symptoms of prolapse, we will see if the community leader there agrees she is very knowledgable of this subject.

Dark "black" blood is old trapped blood being released, you really need to see your Dr about this. You may have a conditon where there is a opening from the vagina to the rectum. it is something else Sherrie can advise on.

I wish you all the best if I am wrong and this is not a prolapse issue please get back with your regular gyno asap.
Both pelvic pain and rectal pain (and pressure) are flags for POP. Even though vaginal childbirth is the leading cause of POP, there are many other causes. You truly should see a urogynecologist for a consult, this does sound like it could be prolapse issues. Please read the post

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Urogynecology/Taking-Pelvic-Organ-Prolapse-Out-of-the-Closet/show/1271553

and see how many other symptoms and causes seem to fit. In the meantime, please pay attention to how you lift and carry your children; most women are not aware that they should be contracting their pc muscle prior to lifting their children to create some internal support. No matter whether the pain/dark blood is related to POP or not, these are symptoms that need to be addressed. I know often lack of time or money causes women to put off pelvic exams but when you have flags like this you truly need to check it out.

If you need assistance finding a urogyn let me know. At the very least you should see a gynecologist; if you go that route please bring up pelvic organ prolapse. In the meantime there are a couple of self checks you can do-take a handheld mirror and see if you can see any tissues bulging from either your vagina or rectum. You can also wash your hands and insert 2 into your vagina and squeeze your pc muscle-you should be able to feel a strong contraction. If you can not feel one or if you can't hold the contraction long, your pelvic floor muscle is weak-a flag for POP concerns.

And  thanks Cher for sending grc over-hope all goes well on your side of the lake!

Sher