Urogynecology Community
Rectocele - coping strategies...tired of the pain
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE UROGYNECOLOGY COMMUNITY for WOMEN: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Female Incontinence and Pelvic Floor disorders such as, Cystocele, Drooping Bladder, Intercourse Pain, Pelvic Organ Prolapse, Vaginal Relaxation and Vulvodynia.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Rectocele - coping strategies...tired of the pain

Hi all

I am 27 years old and was diagnosed with a stage 2 rectocele in August 2011 after suffering from the symptoms (falling out feeling, splinting, incomplete BM, etc) for almost 2 years.

I rarely have a "normal" bm without splinting and am becoming very frustrated and despressed over this because it is interferring with my life. The discomfort and pain of the rectocele and constipation often keeps me home and not out enjoying life. Even last night, I was out celebrating a friends birthday and the pain was so bad, I had to leave after 20 minutes.

Does anyone have some advice?

I just cant seem to get this under control and I do leverage a variety of strategies:
- osteopathy
-yoga
- exercise (although sometimes this is a trigger)
- accupuncture
- stool softners
- pelvic floor physiotherapy

At this point I am really considering a pessary or surgery to help me cope because I cannot go on like this. If it is this bad and I am 27, how bad will it be in 30 years??

Thanks
AB