Rectocele - coping strategies...tired of the pain
Hi all

I am 27 years old and was diagnosed with a stage 2 rectocele in August 2011 after suffering from the symptoms (falling out feeling, splinting, incomplete BM, etc) for almost 2 years.

I rarely have a "normal" bm without splinting and am becoming very frustrated and despressed over this because it is interferring with my life. The discomfort and pain of the rectocele and constipation often keeps me home and not out enjoying life. Even last night, I was out celebrating a friends birthday and the pain was so bad, I had to leave after 20 minutes.

Does anyone have some advice?

I just cant seem to get this under control and I do leverage a variety of strategies:
- osteopathy
-yoga
- exercise (although sometimes this is a trigger)
- accupuncture
- stool softners
- pelvic floor physiotherapy

At this point I am really considering a pessary or surgery to help me cope because I cannot go on like this. If it is this bad and I am 27, how bad will it be in 30 years??

Please see Private Message sent to you; I have no answers, but want you to know you're not alone.
Eating as clean as you can may help a tiny bit with discomfort (I know how hard this is, any  modifications you can make help, sugar is like glue in the digestive system). Do try a pessary, sometimes the internal support helps with discomfort too. Also check out a support garment-some women this  helps, others can't tolerate the discomfort of having something bindingon their tummy. You may find that discomfort is worse at certain times of the day (like late day when gravity has taken it's toll or after meals). Try to keep a diary of when the pain is worst and it will help you figure out what the source is so you can modify that behavior whether diet or activities.  

Sher